Sat, Jan 25|
Talking Horse Productions
COMO SHORTS 2020 | SATURDAY
We're back with even more short films, and a new film pitch contest to boot! This year we're showcasing the films at Talking Horse Theatre, which is next door to DogMaster Distillery so all you lovely people can keep your whistles wet! Details on films and music TBD. Stay tuned...
Time & Location
Jan 25, 2020, 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Talking Horse Productions, 210 St James St, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
About the Event
Vidwest Filmmakers Project Presents... CoMo Shorts 2020 | January 24-26th
We're back for another weekend of Missouri-made short films! We were pleasantly surprised and honored to sell out each night of our inaugural showcase in January 2019. We see you, Columbia! In order to include more people the shocase is being held at Talking Horse Theatre this year! So that means the lovely DogMaster Distillery will be providing libations for you fine folks while you enjoy the show. All CoMo Shorts ticket holders will be able to take advantage of the CoMo shorts drink special - details to come.
6:00PM - DOORS OPEN
6:30PM - PRE-SHOW MUSIC
7:00PM - INTRODUCTION
7:15PM - SHOWCASE STARTS
8:30PM - SHOWCASE ENDS
8:45PM - Q&A STARTS
9:15PM - CLOSING REMARKS + AFTER PARTY AT DOGMASTER
NEED MORE INFO?
So here's how it works:
- CoMo Shorts is a short film showcase for Missouri filmmakers of all kinds: students, the weekend warriors, and the pros alike.
- Our goal is to enrich Columbian's lives with films and give our ever-growing filmmaking community a place to proudly show their work.
- Each film screens all three nights in the same exact order. You just select which night you want to attend.
- FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY: This year we're introducing a new competition. Filmmakers will have a chance to pitch their short film directly to you, our audience, who will cast a vote for which filmmaker should get the chance to fund their film project! The lucky filmmaker will receive prizes included, but not limited to: cash, professional gear access, and other resources provided by Columbia's film community!
- Each night kicks off with live local music, the amuse-bouche if you will. We're at Talking Horse Theatre this year, which is next door to DogMaster Distillery, so you can imbibe AND enjoy the show! Each night also included a filmmaker panel after the screenings, so you'll want to stick around to hear about their process and ask your burning questions.
- Stay tuned for the line up announcement and other details, which can be found on our website and socials. (@comoshorts)
Director (Day of Show)